Friday 15 July 2011

The One with the Beginning


Doing my Masters overseas was a dream floating around in my back of my head when I decided to become a student volunteer and attend ICSE2010. The International Conference on Software Engineering was held in Cape Town in May last year and with some effort I made my way down there to attend the conference and immerse myself in the cutting edge research happening in Software Engineering. It proved to be a very important decision in my life.


My introduction to UVic and the Computer Science department happened while attending the Web2SE workshop on Web 2.0 in Software Engineering. This is where I met Dr Storey and one of her PHD candidates Christoph Treude. Their research areas at their research group CHISEL (Computer-Human Interactions in Software Engineering Lab) was very new and interesting and struck a cord with me. An invitation from Dr Storey to apply was all I needed and so I began the long process of applying. Over 15 months later and here I am in Canada about to undertake one epic adventure.

Christoph and Dr Storey leading discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment